(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Franchising presents itself as a “sure-fire” path to wealth, much less risky than starting your own business. But is that actually true? The Dark Side of Franchising reveals how and why thousands of buyers succumb to coercive sellers every year and exactly how these manipulative tactics are employed.
The book exposes how multiple co-conspirators, including industry top lists, bestselling authors, media giants, and even the banking system all work in tandem to get you to sign on the dotted line.
There are some great franchises out there!
However there is also an increasing number of very high risk, unethical franchise companies. For an inexperienced buyer, they are virtually impossible to tell apart. Every year thousands of aspiring franchise entrepreneurs make a risky investment decision based on industry hype and franchisor promises. A shocking number of those buyers will end up broke.
Readers will learn:
- How fake statistics, inadequate regulation, and lackluster oversight allows companies to take your money.
- How franchise companies, the media, industry websites, bestselling books and “consultants” work together to deceive you.
- Sneaky sales tactics used by franchise companies to get you to sign on the dotted line.
- How many “Veteran Friendly” franchises are actually low performing brands with a high chance of failure.
- Why there is no “best” franchise, and why buyers must align their skills, operational preferences, business goals, market demand and demographics to their franchise choices.
- How much do franchises actually make? And how a $100,000 investment can make as much or more than a 1.6 million dollar investment.
- The top 7 mistakes made by most inexperienced buyers.
- Understanding the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) and things to watch for.
- Master franchising, and how investors can essentially become a franchisor and enjoy many of the benefits.*
PLEASE NOTE* THE STATISTICS AND SCENARIOS USED IN THIS BOOK ARE MOSTLY RELEVANT TO THE UNITED STATES
Written by Franchising expert and Franchise City founder Robert Edwards,
The Dark Side of Franchising exposes the secrets and tactics the shady franchise companies don’t want you to know! If you are considering investing in a franchise, The Dark Side of Franchising is essential reading.